Miami, FL 33155
CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant)
HHA (Home Health Aide)
CNA/HHA’s provide personal care services, also know as "hands-on" care because they physically touch the client/patient. These caregivers help clients get in and out of bed, Assist patients with personal care needs such as bathing, elimination needs, transferring, dressing/undressing, and ambulation together with any household task (e.g., making bed, changing linens, laundry, light housekeeping, etc.) essential to the patient’s health in accordance with the patient’s individualized care plan.
The following are details of the services they can provide:
- Plan/prepare nutritious meals and assist in feeding patients as directed.
- Document services provided in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with agency policy and personal care plan.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- keep records of services performed and of each client’s condition and progress
- Occasionally they change non-sterile dressings,
- give massages and alcohol rubs,
- assist with medication routines.
- Report any changes in the patient’s condition or incidents to Nursing Department in a timely manner.
- use special equipment such as hydraulic lifts,
- Notifies Nursing Department when clarification or education of a task is required.
- Submits notes and activity sheets in a timely manner (i.e. weekly)
- Performs tasks/skills as outlined on Medical care plan competently
- Measure and record patient’s temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when requested and/or directed by the Nursing Supervisor and patient care plan.
- Implements appropriate infection control practices.
- Demonstrates appropriate judgment skills to be able to make independent decisions in routine patient care matters.
Assist patient with Passive Range of Motion (PROM) when requested and/or directed by the Nursing Supervisor/Physical Therapist or per the plan of care.
Companions:A companion is a person who cares for an elderly, handicapped, or convalescent individual or couple and can accompany them on trips, outings, and appointments, as well as prepare and serve meals. Companions are available for hourly, shift, or live-in care. Following are some of the possible services of a companion:
- Companionship & conversation
- Sort and/or read mail
- Arrange appointments
- Assist with walking
- Letter writing and correspondence
- Meal planning
- Meal preparation
- Make bed
- Assist with entertainment
- Answer the phone
- Answer the door
- Basic grooming
- Apparel selection assistance
- Care of house plants
- Appointment reminders
- Discuss current & historical events
- Assist in decision making
- Participate in crafts
- Play games/cards
- Sewing assistance
- Monitor diet and eating habits
- Organize recipesPrepare grocery list
- Supervise home maintenance
- Oversee home deliveries
- Coordinate lawn care
- Clip coupons for shopping
- Weather awareness
- Light exercise assistance
- Review phone messages
- Assist with pet care
- Monitor food freshness & expirations
- Mail bills & letters
- Buy newspapers, magazines, books
- Rent & play VCR movies
- Plan visits, outings & trips
- Visit neighbors, friends, family
- Religious reading & discussion
- Birthday & anniversary reminders
- Maintain client calendar
- Maintain family scrapbook
- Record family history
- Medication reminders
Homemakers: A homemaker is a person who performs household chores that include housekeeping, meal planning and preparation, shopping assistance, and routine household activities for the elderly, handicapped, or convalescent individual or couple as well as the services performed by a companion. Homemakers are available for hourly, shift-work, or live-in care. Following are some of the possible services of a homemaker:
- Iron clothes
- Wash dishes
- Take out garbage
- Change linens
- Drop off/pick up dry cleaning
- Pick up prescriptions
- Dust & polish furnishings
- Organize/clean closets & pantries
- Clean kitchen cupboards
- Clean refrigerator
- Clean ovenMeal preparation
- General shopping
- Grocery shopping
- Preparation of future meals
- Escort to lunch & dinner
- Incidental transportation
- Attend lectures, plays, concerts
- Attend religious services
- Attend club meetings
- Attend sporting events
- Airline departure & arrival assistance
- All activities of a companion